This holiday we’ll be dreaming of delightful cranberry oat squares. Leftover cranberry sauce? Turn it into breakfast squares or a delicious baked dessert. Need a sweet appetizer? Cut them into bite size squares! Not only are they tasty but look festive also with a light coating of powdered sugar. An edible winter wonderland!
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
For the Bars
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1, 7 oz Cranberry Sauce
For the Topping
2 Tbs. Unsalted Butter, melted
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup Pecans, finely chopped
Optional: 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
1. For the bars: preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease the bottom and sides of an 8×8 baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in the oats and flour. Press into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
4. Spread cranberry sauce evenly on the base.
5. To make the topping: Chop pecans, and then stir together with the melted butter, brown sugar & oats.
6. Sprinkle on top of the cranberry sauce layer.
7. Bake until lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars and serving.
Cranberry Oat Bars tastes best with whole-berry cranberry sauce, but will work with smooth as well.