You will love these two recipes prepared by The Cupboard’s own Kira Weaver!
Chicken Teriyaki Cocktail Meatballs
6 oz Shiitake Mushrooms -Stemmed and Chopped Coarse
1 1/2 Cups Chopped Green Cabbage
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 Cloves Garlic -Minced
1 Tbsp Grated Fresh Ginger
1 lb Ground Chicken
1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
4 Green Onions -Minced
3 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro -Minced
1 Large Egg
1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1/2 Cup Mirin
1/3 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Sugar
2 Green Onions -Sliced Thin
1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
1. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil.
2. Combine mushrooms and cabbage in a food processor and pulse until chopped into 1/4 inch pieces.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add mushroom mix and 1/2 tsp salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are lightly brown, ~8 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, ~30 seconds. Transfer to a large bowl and wipe skillet our with a paper towel.
4. To the now empty skillet add mirin, water, soy sauce, and sugar. Whisk to dissolve sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
5. Whisk cornstarch and vinegar together in a small bowl. Whisk in to soy sauce mixture and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until thickened, ~2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir 3 tbsp sauce into mushroom mixture.
6. Add chicken, panko, green onion, cilantro, egg, sesame oil, and 1/2 tsp pepper to mushroom mixture and mix with hands until well combined. Roll into balls 1 tbsp and a time and set evenly spaced on prepared baking sheet. Should make ~40 meatballs. Place pan in fridge for 1 hour until firm.
7. Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and heat to 400 F. Bake meatballs until bottoms are nicely browned ~15-20 minutes.
8. Reheat sauce over medium-low heat. Add meatballs to skillet and toss to coat with sauce. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with remaining green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Crispy Parmesan Potatoes with Chive Sour Cream
2 lbs Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
4 tsp Cornstarch
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
6 oz Parmesan -cut in to 1 inch chunks (or a mixture of Parmesan, Romano, or Manchego)
2 tsp minced fresh Rosemary
1. Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat to 450 F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet liberally with vegetable oil.
2. Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices and place in a large bowl.
3. Combine 2 tsp cornstarch, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle mix over potatoes and toss potatoes until evenly coated and cornstarch is no longer visable. Add oil and toss to coat.
4. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet and bake until golden brown on top, ~20 minutes.
5. While potatoes bake, process Parmesan, rosemary, 1/2 tsp pepper, and remaining 2 tsp cornstarch in food processor until cheese is finely ground. Sprinkle mixture over potatoes once cooked and press into potatoes with back of a spoon. Return to oven and bake until cheese turns a light golden brown, ~5 minutes.
6. Let potatoes cool on pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before transferring to a serving platter. Serve with chive sour cream (optional)
Chive Sour Cream:
Combine 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup minced fresh chives, 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp onion powder in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.