Our last foodie walk of the year is tonight! Marcia has prepared some delightful breakfast items that would go wonderfully on Christmas morning.
- 1 (30 oz) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- ½ lb ground sausage (I used Jimmy Dean), browned and drained
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon sugar
- Grease a large 6 quart slow cooker (or bigger) with cooking spray or butter.
- Layer half the hash browns in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with half the sausage, bacon, cheese, onions, green pepper, and red pepper. Repeat layers with the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Pour egg mixture over hash brown and cheese layers.
- Cook on low for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
Cherry Cane Danish
2 rolls Pillsbury crescent sheet ( Yes! You can buy them in sheets now)
1 can pre-made cherry pie filling
1 block (8oz) Cream cheese
1/4 c. Powdered sugar
1 t. Vanilla
Mix the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar together until well blended.
Spread out 1 1/2 sheets of dough to make a cane shape.
Gently spread out the cream cheese mixture over the cane, leaving about a quarter inch of dough showing.
Dollop and spread the cherry pie filling over the cream cheese.
With the remaining dough cut strips. Lay them diagonally across the cane.
Bake at 375 degrees until done, usually about 13-15 minutes.